There’s still another couple days to party down during Labor Day weekend (assuming you read this today), so what’s going on in Durango today and Monday-slash-Labor Day?
Well, we’ll tell ya.
There’s so much going on every day of the Four Corners Motorcycle Rally, it’s hard to decide what to highlight — but we’ll give it a shot. P.S. You don’t have to own a Harley-Davidson or even know how to ride a motorcycle to take in many of the rally’s events, so pack up the kids and enjoy some of these family friendly Labor Day happenings.
- 8-11 a.m. — Veterans benefit burrito breakfast at the transit center in downtown Durango (Eighth Street and Camino Del Rio).
- 8-11 a.m. — Classic car show in the First National Bank parking lot at 259 W. Ninth St. in downtown Durango.
- 11 a.m. — “Hardly Angels” ladies motorcycle drill team will perform before the parade, which starts at…
- 11:15 a.m. — Motorcycle and classic car parade on Main Avenue.
- 9 a.m.-5 p.m. — Harley-Davidson 2014 demo fleet will be on display at Durango Harley-Davidson, 750 S. Camino Del Rio.
If motorcycles and classic cars aren’t your thing (how can motorcycles and classic cars not be everybody’s thing?), you could take the kiddos to Durango Discovery Museum, 1333 Camino Del Rio.
- 1-5 p.m. — The first Sunday of every month (i.e. today) is “Pay What You Wish Day” at Durango Discovery Museum, a hands-on, interactive science center located in the city’s former power plant on the banks of the Animas River.
- 2-2:30 p.m. — Check out “Dissection Days,” an educator-led dissection demonstration that shows how organs such as eyeballs, hearts, livers and kidneys work. Ewww-slash-awesome.
The Four Corners Motorcycle Rally wraps up today, as do all the events — except one:
- 9 a.m.-10 p.m. — Hourly cash drawings at Sky Ute Casino in Ignacio. Drawings will increase progressively from $50 to $650!
Or you can wind down with some yoga and beer at Ska Brewing, 225 Girard St.
- 5:30-6:30 p.m. — Happy Hour Yoga is $10 for an hour of yoga, led by Heather Hooten, followed by a pint of your choice. That’s right: yoga first, beer last. Namaste!
If none of those things floats your boat, we would love to invite you to our Durango Quality Inn barbecue, but — uh — we’re not having one. Now that you mention it, that’s something to think about for next year…