Durango may not be the biggest city, but it has a big-city share of arts, artists and artisans.
The first Thursday of every month, downtown Durango art galleries and alternative art spaces open their doors for First Thursdays Art Walk. Every gallery in downtown — as well as a few not-galleries — will invite visitors to stop in, enjoy special shows and talk with visiting artists during this month’s Art Walk, 5-7 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 5.
The Durango Arts Center organizes First Thursdays Art Walk to promote both arts and artists outside of the traditional gallery experience. More than 15 venues throughout downtown participate, and you can easily get there from your room at the Durango Quality Inn. Hop on the city’s free trolley, rent one of our hotel’s cruiser bikes or take a walk down to the action.
Guidebooks are available at each location. You can download a map of the participating venues or browse the list of galleries and stores below:
- A Shared Blanket – 104 E. Fifth St.
- Azul – 781 Main Ave.
- Cocktails & Creations – 858 Main Ave., Suite 102
- Diane West Jewelry & Art – 934 Main Ave.
- Downtown Welcome Center – 802 Main Ave.
- Durango Arts Center – 802 E. Second Ave.
- Earthen Vessel Gallery – 530 Main Ave.
- eno – 723 E. Second Ave.
- Mariah Kaminsky Fine Art – 863 1/2 Main Ave., Suite #1
- Pongas – 121 W. Eighth St.
- Rochester Hotel & Bar – 726 E. Second Ave.
- Sorrel Sky Gallery – 828 Main Ave.
- Studio & – 1027 Main Ave.
- The Lost Dog – 1150 Main Ave.
- Toh-Atin Gallery – 145 W. Ninth St.
- Wildshots Gallery – 738 Main Ave.
If you’re planning to visit Durango this week, be sure to book your room at the Durango Quality Inn and check out the city’s art scene while you’re in town!